Popular Lawyer Ann Arbor, MI

KeyBank in Ann Arbor, MI

Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $93.8 billion. Key comp...

Nichols Sacks Slank Sendelbach & Buiteweg PC in Ann Arbor, MI

The law firm of Nichols, Sacks, Slank, Sendelbach & Buiteweg has helped families resolve legal issues related to:Divorce and post-divorceChild custody...

Ager Law Office PC in Ann Arbor, MI

Since 1982, attorney Bill Ager has been helping clients with a wide range of legal needs, including Real Estate Services, Probate Administration, Est...

Marrs & Terry, PLLC in Ann Arbor, MI

For more than a decade, the attorneys at the Michigan law firm of Marrs & Terry, PLLC have been helping individuals facing a variety of legal challeng...

Home  →  Michigan  →  Ann Arbor, MI  →  Lawyer or SSI who's at fault?

Lawyer or SSI who's at fault?

Lawyer sent a letter to the wrong appeals office but on a timely manner and I have proof the clerk received it.I called my Lawyer periodically to follow up and make sure case is still open,Lawyer said yes but the SSI office would say no Lawyer would still tell me not to worry that it is open. 4 years later enough...

Relevant question

Answers (2):

1. Charis P
You should file complaint against your lawyer with the state bar association. That's not to say that the lawyer is definitely competely at fault but the state bar association will conduct an investigation and if the lawyer did anything wrong from a professional point of view the bar will take disciplinary action against him or her. During that process the bar will make findings of fact which may be helpful for you in determining your next course of action. The bar association may also refer you to a lawyer if you should decide to file a malpractice claim against the lawyer who represented you in your SSI application or address your open SSI issues.
2. tattoo lover
It is the Attorneys fault, and the only thing I can tell you is that you can report them to the BAR admin, Department, and try finding another Attorney. Try going to agencies where they help people out they might have refferances.

Doctors in Ann Arbor, MI